Below is a running list of restaurants closing dining areas or more, updated Monday, June 8th. We will add/change information as it becomes available.
UPDATE: In accordance with the DHM issued, restaurants in the area may change their dining room status but haven't let us know yet.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is not a complete list. We are relying on all local restaurants to email us to let us know about their closings or service changes. If your restaurant is not in this list but should be, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Emails after business hours won't be seen until the following business day.
- 40 North Tap + Grille: Reopening June 3rd. Visit https://40northtapandgrille.com/ for details.
- Afternooners: Dining Room open for all Departing Commercial Flight, space limited. For Delivery or Catering please call 24 hours prior to arrange time and date for delivery. Can also order and pick-up if desired. Delivery to homes and Businesses - 308-390-5373 or 308-381-2986.
- Amigo's: Starting March 19, dining rooms will be closed at both locations. The drive-thru will still be open.
- Arby's: Temporarily suspending dining room seating in the majority of restaurants. All drive-thrus will remain open, and take-out and third-party delivery options are available in many markets.
- Balz: Closed until further notice.
- Bandits: Closed for 2 weeks as of March 20. Plans for take-out, curbside and delivery at a later date.
- Barent's Tavern (Rockville): will be closed for the next few weeks or until the State says it is safe to re-open.
- Baskin Robbins: Dining Room is temporarily closed. Drive-thru service available until 8 p.m. Pumpers gas station will be closing at 10 p.m. It is not providing refills on fountain drinks, or serving rollergrill items or popcorn.
- Beverly Cake Shop: Opening at 9:00 a.m. and closing at 7:30 p.m. Dining room is limited seating, grab and go is preferred and curbside pickup is available.
- Big Apple Bagels: Offering drive-thru and curbside pickup only.
- BigRed Nutrition (Hastings): Open with limited seating. Temporary Hours are Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays: Closed. Grab & Go or Curbside Pick-up is also available. Call (402) 834-0882 for orders.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Delivery and take out only between the hours of 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Bunkhouse Bar & Grill:Available for carry-out and curbside pickup. Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. -2 p.m., 4 p.m. -8 p.m. Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. -8 p.m. Closed Sunday. Delivery available with minimum and call ahead approval. 308-382-9756.
- Burger King: Dining areas are closed. Drive-thru is open. All locations are closing at 10 p.m.
- Carlos O'Kelly's: Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Sunday. Dining room is closed but carry-out/car-side is available along with delivery through DoorDash.
- Central Prairie Creek (In Benedict): Open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, dining area is closed. Call-in orders, curbside pickup/delivery in the town of Benedict. Closed on Sunday nights until further notice. Closed Mondays. 402-604-8265.
- Chicken Coop: Closed
- The Chocolate Bar: Effective March 30, 2020, hours are Sunday-Monday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Accepting call-ahead orders, curbside orders and you can order at the bar. 116 W. 3rd St., (308)675-0664.
- Club Mundo Wellness Center: still open with limited seating. Temporary Hours are Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Grab & Go or Curbside pick-up is also available. Call (308)380-1066 for orders.
- Coney Island: Dining and carry-out services open, regular hours.
- Culver’s: Open Monday through Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Drive-thru open, dining room closed, call-in orders available at (308)675-2937. Menu available at www.Culvers.com.
- Dairy Queen (Capital Ave.): Dining room closed. Drive-thru open 10:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Uber Eats also available,
- Dairy Queen (South Locust): Drive-thru is still open. Walk-up area is closed except for mobile orders. Mobile orders can be placed on the mobile app for Dairy Queen. Customers can pick up their orders either at walk-up or through drive-thru. Hours: 10:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Domino's Pizza: Domino's is offering contact-free delivery for customers. A drive-thru window is also available to customers.
- El Toro Mexican Restaurant: Open Monday - Sunday 11a.m. - 9p.m. Dining room is CLOSED but open for carry-out, curbside, or order online through DoorDash. Immediately get $5 OFF when your total reaches $30. Also offering free delivery in all Grand Island. Now selling Margarita any flavor (Lime, Strawberry, Mango ,Peach, Blueberry, Guava, and Blue Agave) and Imported beer for $2. Call us at (308)-381-2333.
- El Tucanazo Restaurant: 4th St., Grand Island Open 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday - Sunday. Temporarily suspending dine-in due to restrictions. Offering curbside pickup, carryout and now free delivery. Place your order (308) 382-3234 or through our Facebook page and receive a free drink. Authentic Mexican Food. Tacos Boxes, Flauta Boxes, platters, and much more! Menu is on our Facebook page.
- Farmer's Daughter: Open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday with limited seating in the dining room; carry-out available; (308) 382-9794. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Filling Station: Closed until further notice.
- GI Saddle Club: Closed until further notice.
- Grand Island Elks Lodge: Closed to protect their members and guest of our facilities until closed until further notice. No Monday Night Tacos/Pool Leagues and No Sunday Brunches.
- Grandview Café & Lounge (Aurora): Open Monday through Friday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Call 402-694-2772 for take-out, curb-side or delivery (in Aurora) for food, beer, wine or spirits. To comply with the DHM requirements the dining room is closed until further notice.
- Hardee's: Hardee's is implementing temporary store hours from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The drive-thru is open.
- Hy-Vee: All dining areas in Hy-Vee stores, restaurants and convenience stores are closed. All Hy-Vee Market Grille bars also are closed. Food service areas will still be operating during their normal hours, offering freshly prepared meal options for carry-out only. At Hy-Vee stores that have a Market Grille, customers can still order for pick-up or curbside services.
- Images Bar and Grill: Images is following the 10 patron dining guidelines using 2 separate dining rooms (so 20 people total.) The menu can also be used for take-out. Off-sale liquor license is also available, so those items can be purchased to-go.
- Jim's Gyros: Drive-thru window opening for call-in orders Wednesday April 29, 2020 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and will be open thereafter Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m daily. Customers can call 308-675-0228 for call-in orders and use the drive-thru window to pick up their order. Inside dining remains closed until further notice. Updates will also be posted on Jim’s Gyros Facebook page.
- Jimmy Johns: Open daily until 9 p.m. We are offering grab-n-go takeout, curbside pickup, and as always delivery. A drive-thru has been set up, weather permitting, in the parking lot to better serve customers. Delivery area has been extended. Call today or order online at Jimmyjohns.com.
- JoJo's Gelato & Grill (Aurora): Open 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Drive-thru open. Curbside pickup and in-town delivery available. Order ahead online at jojosgelato.net/menu or by calling 402-694-6880. Dining room closed.
- Kinkaider's Brewing Co.: All food purchases to curbside, pick-up and delivery using partners such as Grub Hub and UberEats. Limiting dining space to 10 people. Call (308) 384-3655 for beer and food pick-up/delivery.
- La Mexicana (Boarders location): Closed
- Lee's Family Restaurant: Open 8 AM to 8 PM seven days a week dining room open June 1, carhop service, outdoor seating, take-out 308-384-7844
- Lina's Restaurant: Dining room closed, drive-thru service remains open
- Mariscos Villarreal: Dinning room is limited seating, carry out and delivery available. Call ahead to make your order: (308) 675-0056
- Max’s Thunder Road Grill: Closed temporarily.
- McDonald's: Seating areas, PlayPlaces, self-service beverage bars, and kiosks are closed. Drive-thru service available.
- McKinney's: Closed until further notice.
- Miletta Vista Winery: Normal business hours. Reservations with the number of people in your party for a 1:30 hour time from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This will allow us to operate at the 10 person limit established by the State of Nebraska.
o Wine by the glass and bottles will be available (no tastings)
o Limited appetizers available
o Evening meals Friday and Saturday nights.
o Three (3) reservation times. We will again limit our capacity as suggested by the State of Nebraska
o It will be important for you to arrive and depart at your reserved time for us to adhere to public safety protocols.
o 4:30 – 6:00; 6:00 – 7:30; 7:30 – 9:00
We will utilize both our front and back rooms to enable social distancing between tables and promote a healthy and safe environment for all guests.
- Olive Garden: Offering limited free in-town delivery and offering Car-side to-go with a limited menu! Open daily Sunday - Thursday from 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Pam’s Pub & Grub: Open now.
- Panera: Open Monday - Thursday 10 a.m.- 7 p.m, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. for delivery, take-out, rapid pick-up from the app or call-in, drive-thru, and catering.
- Papa Johns: Open from 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 10 a.m. to midnight on Friday and Saturday. Carry-out and delivery options are available. No-contact deliveries can be made upon request.
- Paradise Donuts: Open from 0600 - 1200 Tuesday - Saturday for take-out orders and we offer a curbside service option for call in orders as well.
- PepperJax Grill: Currently offering carry-out, drive-thru and newly released ONLINE ORDERING with a curbside pick-up option available. We are open 11 a.m. -8 p.m. daily.
- Perkins: Limited seating available. Carry-out available. Delivery available through DoorDash.
- Pizza Hut: No dine-in available. Drive-thru is open for orders. Orders can also be made online and over the phone. No-contact delivery upon request.
- Pizza Ranch: Will reopen on April 30. Monday-Friday 4:00 to 8:00, Saturday & Sunday 11:00 to 8:00, carry out & delivery only.
- Power Up Zone: Open for grab-n-go & call ahead orders. 308-382-7333, Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Pueblo Viejo (Aurora): Hours: Monday - Sunday, 11 a.m.- 8:30 p.m. We offer take-out orders on food and margaritas. 402-694-6570.
- Qdoba: Open from 10:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. No dine-in, however, customers can order online, through the Qdoba app or call in for pickup.
- Raising Canes: Open and continuing to serve customers with take-out and drive-thru service and in compliance with local and state guidelines.
- Red Lobster: To-Go orders only. Normal operating hours.
- Runza Restaurants: All restaurants will be moving to a drive-thru only model and will close at 9 p.m.
- Scooters Coffehouse: South Locust lobby is closed, drive-thru only. The drive-thru location on State St. is open regular hours.
- Shady Bend Cafe: Closed until further notice.
- Sin City Grill: Open but limited to 10 people total inside at a time. Open for carry-out, curbside, or delivery.
- Sonic: No inside seating. Stalls and drive-thru are still available.
- Starbucks: Starbucks in Grand Island has temporarily gone to a “Grab and Go” model and has closed all lobby seating until further notice.
- Subway (6 Locations in GI and Wood River): Subway is now carry-out, drive thru(2), and delivery (3rd party in GI). Wood River is carry-out only. 6 feet of separation during carry-out is encouraged.
- Taco Bell: Both Taco Bell locations are drive-thru and delivery only. No breakfast. Open 10 a.m.-midnight daily. Closing times might change in the near future.
- Taco Johns: Dining areas are closed. Drive-thru service is available and delivery is also available in some areas. Check Taco Johns App or DoorDash.
- Tacos Las Palmas: Open to small groups only. Customers are asked to sit every other table to promote social distancing.
- Texas T-bone: Closing until further notice.
- Texas Roadhouse: Dining room closed but it is still open to serve the community with curbside to-go, available 12-8 p.m. daily. Order and pay online at https://www.texasroadhouse.com/ or call (308) 382-0526.
- Tommy Gunz: Curbside only, please call (308) 395-3889 to place an order.
- Tommy's Restaurant: For the safety of its employees and valued customers, Tommy's will be closed until further notice.
- United Veterans Club (Grand Island): Temporarily closed until further notice
- Upper Deck: Closed to the public effective Monday, March 30th.
- Valentino's: Buffet is closed until further notice. Express lunch, carry-out and delivery are still available.
- Wasabi Bistro: Open for curbside pickup, walk0in, phone and online orders.
- Wave Pizza: Limiting dining space to 10 people. Carry-out, curbside service and delivery offered. Orders can be taken through Chow Now, their online ordering application or by calling (308) 398-9283.
- Whitey's Sports Bar: Closed until further notice.