SUTHERLAND — One person died in a camper fire early Wednesday at a Sutherland campground, according to a Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office media release.
A faulty appliance is believed to have caused the blaze, a preliminary investigation by the state fire marshal found.
The body was found inside the camper. An autopsy and identification will be performed, officials said.
According to the media release, sheriff’s deputies and Sutherland Fire Department personnel responded at 1:30 a.m. after reports of a camper engulfed in flames. Witnesses said a man lived in the camper and was likely inside.
The fire remains under investigation.